Monday, February 2, 2015

Athletic Stance

My stance toward my topic is easy for me to define. It is that of exposure and highlighting.
Senior year is hard and confusing and thought provoking and weird. I want to illustrate all of the aspects of it that I experience and that my peers may experience as well.

Honestly, I expect this piece to have quite a bit of self-depricating humor in it. This expectation comes from my experience with dealing with emotions of any kind. My coping mechanism is to joke or laugh stressful situations off. I also think that this type of humor will help make the topic more relatable. There are all sorts of Buzzfeed articles, gifs, and memes about how many of us feel when we're asked the inevitable question of "What are you doing after graduation?" My response is usually similar to that of George Michael in the following meme:

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha George Michael! I just got done with the 4th season so I'm loving this right now. Anyway I love your topic, but I am concerned (probably not the right word) that there is a lot of similar works on your topic. Katherine Schwarzenegger wrote a book "I Just Graduated, Now What?" I worked with this book this summer at my internship. Let me tell you it was the worst fucking book I have ever read. Probably because she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and she is trying to give advice to people who are struggling to find their first job. (this book could be an example of what not to do) But it was mostly because she reiterated everything that has been preached to me as an undergraduate. "Keep up with your resume" "make a network" "apply apply apply!" So I am wondering what is going to set your article apart from the rest? I am also wondering what new things are you going to teach me that I haven't heard before? I feel like graduating is such a stressful time. I challenge you to make me have fun with this article, get me involved so maybe I can feel good about my future for once. I think if you can change the readers personal dynamic from stressed to hopeful then you will have a successful project.

    Austin

    ReplyDelete